FOR CONSIDERATION: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full benefits package offered including 100% employer contribution to: Health - Kaiser or Anthem, Dental, Vision; 401k with employer match; Employee Assistance Program, Professional Development, 12 paid holidays, sick leave, vacation, and 2 personal days for anniversary of employment and birthday.
Allies for Every Child (Allies) exists to give at-risk children and children living in poverty the foundation they need to increase their life choices and lead fulfilling lives. For over 30 years, Allies has been providing thousands of at-risk children and their families with critical, high-quality early education programs (including comprehensive Early Head Start services), family strengthening interventions, foster care and adoption services, and a range of vital, integrated services, including educational assessments, mental health services, disabilities screenings, nutrition, dental and vision screenings, and pediatric health consultations.
The Staff Accountant will conduct research, analysis, development, summarization of financial
information and perform financial administration and reporting of county, state and federal grants.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processes fund contract invoices
- Enter monthly journal entries
- Generate month-end reports and financial statements
- Analyze financial records and reports and make adjustments as needed
- Prepare and enter journal entries which include correcting entries, allocating expenditures, grant related entries, etc.
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting of assigned grants, which include year-end calculation of accounts receivables and deferred revenues
- Follow expending of funds to correct fund within the project
- Work collaboratively with all staff and departments
- Be punctual, present, and professional during work hours
- In accordance with our "team" philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description.
- Staff must believe in and act in accordance with both the Agency's and the program's mission/vision statements, adopted theoretical frameworks, and philosophy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience within accounting or finance with non-profit experience value added
- Non-profit and/or grant experience; experience with an understanding of Federal & State funding awards, cost reimbursement funding and familiarity with regulations (OMB, A-133 audits)
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel and Word; Accufund knowledge a plus.
- Strong communication (written and oral), organizational, and analytical skills are necessary
- Must be responsible, be able to handle confidential information, organize effectively, and work independently
- Passionate about learning and possesses curiosity about issues affecting children and families
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and families who are served by our agency
- Fingerprint background clearance (DOJ, FBI & Child Abuse Clearance Index), or approved exemption
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical, PPD risk assessment, proof of immunizations for pertussis, measles and influenza
- Class “C” driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation required
Allies for Every Child actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography, socio-economic status and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Allies for Every Child has achieved accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA). This means our programs, services, administration, and management have been rigorously evaluated and meet best practice standards. Visit www.COAnet.org to learn more about COA Accreditation.