The Early Childhood Impact Branch of the YMCA of the East Bay is seeking dynamic Substitute Preschool Teachers for our Oakland and Hayward Child Development Centers.
Here at the Y people really matter. The YMCA of the East Bay is made up of diverse people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. We celebrate connection and our mission serves ALL.
As a Y team member, you have the opportunity to explore a career that’s right for you. Subbing is a great way to start. You can work when you want and get a chance to see if the Y or Preschool Education are where you want to be.
Our work environment is built around collaboration, partnership, teamwork, community, diversity and inclusion. Our Total Rewards Package for Substitute Teachers includes:
• Competitive pay
• Free nationwide Y membership
• Flexible work hours, which allow you to work around your pre-existing schedule or as much as you find you are able
• Paid sick time
• Assistance obtaining teaching permits, as well as AA/BA Degrees in Early Childhood Education
• Career advancement opportunities
The Substitute Teacher who reports to the Center Director supports low-income children and their families in high quality child development programs. This position is part-time, non-exempt. Substitute Teachers are responsible for providing and modeling high quality responsive care that is respectful of the child’s development and needs. Substitute Teachers may also take roles in the kitchen doing food preparation to meet the nutritional needs of the children.
• Preferred but not required: At least one-year classroom experience in an Early Childhood Program
• Preferred but not required: Completion or enrollment in Early Childhood Education courses. Opportunities to pursue more are available at the Y. Hourly rates are based on ECE educational credits
• Ability to obtain Live Scan and criminal record clearance before hire (the Y provides these services at no cost)
• Pre-employment physical examination and TB clearance
• Proof of Immunization for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
• Current certificates for Pediatric First Aid and CPR, or willingness to complete this training within 90 working days of hire
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Bilingual or multi-lingual desired
We strive to build a staff team that reflects the broad diversity of our community. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
If you are passionate about making an impact as a Substitute Teacher, send your cover letter and resume to Shamaica Walker, swalker at ymcaeastbay.org