Do you want to make a difference in children's life everyday? Join Kai Ming Head Start! Currently, Kai Ming is looking for an experienced Infant/Toddler Lead Teacher who can attend to the care and education of young children in a high quality setting to foster their school readiness and establish a foundation for success in school and life.
Job: The Lead Teacher must be an appropriate role model for staff, parents and children. He/She is responsible for exhibiting good and respectful communication, problem solving and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive attitude. The Lead Teacher will provide supervision, guidance and training to Assistant Teachers, Teacher Aides, Center Aides and Parent Volunteers on a daily basis and/or as needed. He/She must be capable of writing clearly and maintaining current documentation for each child. The Lead Teacher is responsible for the care and the development of children, supervising, teaching, implementing culturally relevant curriculum, and creating a developmentally appropriate classroom for children with active participation of parents and other staff to meet the Head Start Performance Standards.
Job Type: Full Time, Non-exempt
Report to: Site Manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or related field required.
California Child Development Site Supervisor Permit
Bilingual (English/Spanish) or (English/Chinese) preferred
At least 2 year of experience working with children in a preschool classroom setting.
Annual health exam and immunization Clearance
Criminal Background and Child Abuse Check Clearance
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination record is required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary - determined based on the qualification & experience level
- Advanced Degree Stipend: Additional pay for holding advanced degrees
- $5000 CARES Stipend - for all teaching staff
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Chiropractic/Acupuncture - 100% covered
- Medical plan for dependent(s) under 26 years old - 100% covered
- MRA (Medical Reimbursement Account) - employer sponsored contributions
- Life, AD&D, LTD - 100% covered
- Retirement - automatic 15% employer contribution
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) - available to all employees
- Wellness - Various staff self-care & wellness benefits
- Professional Development - Extensive training & coaching
- Tuition Support - Reimbursement & stipend for tuition, textbook & trainings
- Education Support - Tuition/textbook reimbursement & paid release time for class
- Paid Time Off - 11 days of holiday & up to 24 days of PTO
Equal Opportunity: Kai Ming provides equal employment opportunities for staff and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Application process: Please submit your job application through Kai Ming’s career page https://kaiming.org/careers. Applications are accepted and evaluated until a suitable candidate has been selected.