Do you love working with children and families? Do you like to encourage learning in fun and innovative ways? Are you looking for a career with an award winning agency providing Early Head Start and Head Start Services? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is the place for YOU!
The Contra Costa County Community Services Bureau (CSB) is seeking qualified educators and caregivers to fill vacancies in our full-day childcare and education programs serving approximately 2500 infants and young children and their families throughout the County.
These positions assist in planning, organizing and conducting a full-range of developmentally appropriate activities for children ages 2.5-6 enrolled in our Head Start Program. Associate Teachers will be assigned in a team-teaching model lead by the Teacher.
Associate Teachers need the ability to establish a safe and supportive learning environment that promotes the social, emotional, cognitive, creative, physical and linguistic development of young children in cooperative involvement with their families.
What tasks does an Associate Teacher do here at CSB?
- Assists in assessing the needs of children enrolled in the program
- Assists in organizing the children's learning environment
- Assists in planning and implementing the developmental program
- Assists in working with parents in building a relationship of mutual respect and cooperation
- Models appropriate behavior for the children and other adults
- Makes verbal and written reports of suspected child abuse to Child Protective Services and report unusual incidents to others as required
- Performs duties and responsibilities of the Teacher during hours when the Teacher is not assigned to the classroom
- Reports issues of concern to the Teacher or Site Supervisor
- Performs other tasks as may be required for the efficient operation of the instruction program
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator's license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency, or a high school proficiency certificate and 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, including core courses. Prefer an Associate of Art (A.A.) degree or higher in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or related field from an accredited college or university.
Permit Required: Possession of a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or a Contra Costa County Associate Teacher Temporary County Certificate (CCC TCC).
Other Requirements: As required by law, all appointees to this class must successfully pass a physical examination and fingerprint and tuberculosis clearances.
Annual Salary: $32,702.16 - $39,749.76
As a bureau under Contra Costa County’s Employment and Human Services Department, some of the benefits we offer include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid County Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Personal Holiday Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Bilingual Pay
- Optional 457b with County Contribution
HOW TO APPLY: A completed application must be submitted online using the online application which can be found at Governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta. Copies of all degrees, transcripts, permits, and credentials must be attached to the application.
WHO MAY APPLY: Anyone who meets the minimum qualifications. This is a continuous recruitment and is open until filled.