Job Title: Director, Whole Family Services
Reports to: VP, Early Education
Department: Children & Family Services (CFS)
The Director of Whole Family Services provides leadership to agency initiatives and partnerships that provide community-responsive services through 1) leadership of agency-wide strategies for whole family approach implementation and oversight of the Whole Family Services team; 2) ensuring better outcomes for children and families aligned with families goals and the highest-quality early education objectives by leveraging agency and partner resources; and, 3) overseeing and coordinating the work of Family Advocates within Children and Family Services to achieve strong family outcomes. As an agency director, this position serves as a member of the agencys leadership team and is responsible for programmatic support of fund development, marketing, communications, and data, evaluation, and learning efforts that strengthen the agency with all stakeholders, including families and funders. This position has oversight of the Whole Family Services team, which includes a success coach manager, associate managers, and frontline staff including approximately 12 family advocates. Related responsibilities include oversight of program budgets, community outreach, staffing review and management, development and coordination of existing and new programs, strengthened relationships with county partners, growing strategic partnerships, and participation in fund development activities as required to sustain and grow programs to meet community needs.
Management and Leadership
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of assigned staff and management of the Whole Family Services team; responsible for the delivery of the agencys whole family approach with equity and excellence through a cross-agency Success Coach team comprised of frontline staff across departments.
- Implement policies and procedures, and oversee workplan activities, to meet Children and Family Services highest performance standards.
- Monitor and support the agencys implementation of federal Head Start initiatives and California Department of Education requirements, as well as the agencys strategic plan and goals.
- Participate as a Children and Family Services management team member; partner actively with the Director of Early Education, Director of Community Partnerships, Director of Program Operations, and ERSEA Director to provide agency executive leadership with recommendations and insight regarding community, family, and staff needs and pathways to excellence.
- Participate as a member of the agency Leadership Team and collaborate with other directors at CAM to support the success of the Whole Family Approach and Success Coaches across programs.
- Model and encourage an inclusive culture where core competencies and team empowerment are supported.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance in compliance with the agency performance planning and appraisal process.
- Actively use data and a continuous improvement process to get results.
Provision/Assurance of Whole Family Services
- Oversee the work and alignment of Family Advocates (including home-based and center-based teams) in Children and Family Services with the Director of Early Educations Site/Area Manager team to ensure a coordinated approach to achieving strong family outcomes.
- Support the agencys Policy Council with other CFS Directors to ensure that parents elected annually across sites engage with staff for high-quality programs and services that meet community needs and meet or exceed performance standards.
- Enhance the Whole Family Services teams understanding of cultural relevance to enhance all aspects of comprehensive services for diverse populations represented in the county and among enrolled families.
- Ensure the team can connect families to needed resources; provide needed training and support to foster an excellent understanding of agency and partner services.
- Participate in collaborative community efforts to foster reciprocal knowledge and enhance functional linkages between Community Action Marin and partner resources.
- Lead on select agency advocacy priorities and lift up advocacy potentials from staff and community; support building power in community and staff; work to shift the narrative on poverty for families and community.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.