The Family Advocate is responsible for support and resource information to eligible families and early care and education providers; serving as a liaison among school districts, community agencies, and families to deliver a strengths-based and family-driven program, policies, and services. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Classification: Full time, Non-exempt
Report to: Site Manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
BA in Social Service area, (Psychology, Sociology, ECE or related field) or equivalent case management experience;
Minimum of one-year experience working with low-income children and families;
Experience in working with low-income families and families with special needs.
Experience with Head Start and/or State enrollment process preferred.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred;
Annual health exam and immunization Clearance
Criminal Background and Child Abuse Check Clearance
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination record is required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary - determined based on the qualification & experience level
- Advanced Degree Stipend: Additional pay for holding advanced degrees
- $5000 CARES Stipend - for all teaching staff
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Chiropractic/Acupuncture - 100% covered
- Medical plan for dependent(s) under 26 years old - 100% covered
- MRA (Medical Reimbursement Account) - employer sponsored contributions
- Life, AD&D, LTD - 100% covered
- Retirement - automatic 15% employer contribution
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) - available to all employees
- Wellness - Various staff self-care & wellness benefits
- Professional Development - Extensive training & coaching
- Tuition Support - Reimbursement & stipend for tuition, textbook & trainings
- Education Support - Tuition/textbook reimbursement & paid release time for class
- Paid Time Off - 11 days of holiday & up to 24 days of PTO
Equal Opportunity: Kai Ming provides equal employment opportunities for staff and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Application process: Please submit your job application through Kai Ming’s career page https://kaiming.org/careers. Applications are accepted and evaluated until a suitable candidate has been selected.