GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Teacher, the Associate Teacher will assist with the preparation and presentation of the daily plan of activities for the children and generally help in all teacher and center related activities. This includes, but is not limited to: curriculum implementation, coordinating volunteers in the classroom, promotion of a positive self-image for each child and the assurance of the safety of all children.
1. Assist in the development of lesson plans with goals, objectives, activities and outcomes.
2. Provide opportunities for children to develop positive self-images and experience success.
3. Ensure that all children are appropriately supervised at all times.
4. Assist the teacher in setting up daily activities and presenting them to the children.
5. Establish routines and provide positive guidance and implement positive discipline when required.
6. Discuss identified concerns and needs with professionals as appropriate.
7. Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
8. Implement the daily classroom program as prepared in conjunction with other center staff and parents that enhances the positive self-image of each child and assures the safety of all children.
9. Assist with completing child assessments/screenings, child observations, individual educational plans and identification of children with special needs or challenging behavior.
10. Assist the teacher on home visits and parent teacher conferences as needed.
11. Assist the teacher on emergency and earthquake preparedness drills.
12. Assist in center food preparation and food services including clean up.
13. Assist in the general clean-up and packing of furniture as needed.
14. Help maintain a clean, safe and healthy classroom environment.
15. Assist in maintaining an attractive and stimulating learning environment that encourages children’s independence and self-selection of activities.
16. Assist in any hygiene needs of the children (i.e. diapering etc.)
17. Attend not less than 15 clock hours of professional development per year. Such professional development shall be high-quality, sustained, intensive and classroom focused in order to have a positive and lasting impact on classroom instruction.
18. Promote positive, professional relationships with children, staff and parents. Coordinate activities of parents or other volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
19. Encourage parent participation at all levels of the program.
EDUCATION: AA degree in Early Childhood Development
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of One (1) year paid experience working in a preschool classroom environment.
OTHER/SPECIAL: Must be at least 18 years of age. Excellent oral and written skills. Ability to pass a physical examination and tuberculin skin test. Meet the State of California immunization requirement for employees of day care centers, immunization proof against influenza, pertussis and measles. Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, including booster. Fingerprint clearance and criminal record check required. Verification of current driver’s license and insurance required for personal car usage.
POSITION: Associate Teacher
REPORTS TO: Teacher
EEOC CLASS: Service Worker (9)
Sign-On Bonus Available!!!