Posted Date: July 19, 2021
External & Internal Deadline Date: July 30, 2021
Position Title: Program Assistant: Recruitment Specialist
Reports To: Assistant Director, or designee-Executive Secretary
Department: Family Services and ERSEA
Employment Status: Non-Exempt & Union Position (Full-Time) (12 months, 40 hours per week)
Compensation Range: $17.35-$23.80 Hourly Rate PLUS Benefits (Step 1-15)
Employee Benefits: Aflac, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and 401k Retirement Plan
401k Retirement Plan (8.5% Employer Contribution) & additional voluntary contribution by the employee
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 21 Paid Vacation: Accrue at the rate of 10.25 hours per month worked, (1 year of employment = 123 hours)
- Paid Sick leave and three days of Personal Necessity: Accrue at the rate of 9.5 hours per month
(1 year of employment= 114)
Work Location: FOUNDATION FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Main Office and Multiple Site Locations in Los Angeles County
(Visit Website for Site Locations)
- PROGRAM SUMMARY
Foundation for Early Childhood Education, Inc. (Foundation) is a Head Start/Early Head Start Delegate Agency and State Preschool Grantee. As a nonprofit organization, we have supported young children and their families for over 50 years with Early Childhood and family services. Foundation for ECE, Inc. currently operates nineteen preschool sites in Los Angeles County located in: Boyle Heights, Echo Park, and Hollywood. Foundation for ECE, Inc. also collaborates with HACLA and LA City.
The program fosters Family Engagement in all of the areas of a child’s development and provides comprehensive resources to low-income families in the areas of health, nutrition, and community resources. Foundation is a comprehensive early childhood education program with a focus on child development that includes a child’s cognitive, physical, social emotional growth, and development.
II. SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under general supervision, provide program support related to a range of ERSEA and Family Services functions, specifically recruitment. Liaison between agency components for organization of data and generation of recruitment projects. The incumbent will perform various support functions to support agency recruitment of eligible families. To support agency goal of full enrollment, and adequate waitlist for all programs. Will support recruitment, pre-enrollment and enrollment for eligible families in order to obtain and maintain 100% enrollment at all times. This includes maintaining a waitlist of eligible children. Provides program support to staff, Head Start delegate agency personnel, and performs related duties as assigned.
- Assist the ERSEA and Family Services Department in developing and implementing recruitment plans
- Develop recruitment activities and recruitment calendars on a monthly basis in collaboration with the assigned FSAs
- Review the slot capacity to determine areas with largest need and assign staff accordingly for recruitment activities
- Participate in recruitment activities (attend events, canvass neighborhoods to pass out flyers)
- Responsible for obtaining and coordinating recruitment materials for recruitment activities and events
- Update and/or post recruitment activities/events onto the Agency’s Website and Social Media Pages, or provided to designee for posting
- Work collaboratively with Family Services Associates, clerical staff and others for recruitment purposes as assigned
- Work with the AD and Admin Program Assistant to create Recruitment events, which includes (scouting locations, reaching out to community agencies for participation, seeking out donations for raffles and organizing the supplies for the day)
- Research opportunities for new partnerships, and resources in the community.
- Build and establish relationships to increase and maintain recruitment partnerships with collaborative events and MOUs
- Identify community events and contact community partners for recruitment opportunities
- Create and design recruitment flyers, postings for social media, banners, and all items/supplies that will feature the agency logo used for recruitment.
- Maintain inventory of recruitment supplies and work with Admin Program specialist to re-order supplies
- Support coordination of an outreach and recruitment process which systematically supports the enrollment of eligible children
Weekend and evening work will be assigned as a needed in order, to meet full enrollment during the program year
III. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Education: Graduation from High School or equivalent, preferably supplemented by some related college-level coursework
Experience: One year providing administrative and program support and working with state or federally funded educational and social services programs involving parents and children, such as Head Start assistant programs or other organizations that service low-income families
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to generate and create various reports
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Competence to communicate with staff and families effectively and appropriately
- Data entry and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Knowledge in Child Plus is a plus
- Knowledge and experience using Virtual Platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, GoToMeetings to setup and conduct meetings to actively participate and support program
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, and the Internet
- Automobile, Insurance and Valid Driver’s License
IV. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Prior to hire, the following must be assured:
Eligibility to Work: All potential employees will be asked to present supporting documents establishing proof of identity and employment eligibility upon completing the I-9 form.
Medical Examination: Must submit a medical examination demonstrating capability to perform type of work required; must submit a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray. Proof of Immunizations: Influenza, Pertussis TDAP (Whooping Cough), and Measles (MMR).
Fingerprint Clearances: All potential employees will be subject to obtain fingerprint clearances from the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and Child Abuse Index (CACI), prior to starting work.
Other Special Requirement: Must have the use of an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid California driver’s license, or have available transportation.
Failure to meet medical standards and/or criminal record clearance may result in withdrawal of job appointment.
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to site; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
VI. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Applicants must complete a Foundation for Early Childhood Education employment application. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application materials. Interested individuals may download an employment application online at Employment Opportunities – Foundation for Early Childhood Education, Inc. (foundationheadstart.org)
Interested candidates must forward the following documentations and application packet via email at email@example.com or via mail at 3450 East Sierra Madre Pasadena, California 91107 (Attention HR)
- Employment Application – with original signature
- Cover letter
- Copy(ies) of Degrees
- Copy(ies) of Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- And any other pertinent documentation as deemed necessary
Internal Candidates must submit the following documents:
- Employment Application-with original signature
- Cover letter
- And any other pertinent documentation as deemed necessary
Please Note: Application and all required documents can be mailed, or submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date listed in this job posting