The incumbent will support prenatal mothers and expectant families in dealing with the multitude of physical and emotional changes pregnancy brings working to assist in fostering a strong bond between both parents and their unborn baby; to inspire pregnant women to have a healthy lifestyle and ultimately a healthy baby; to enhance their self-esteem and life goals; to identify early signs of health and developmental concerns and to prepare family for parenthood. The Family Partner will minimally provide one (1) visit with each expectant mom per month, or more based on family need and monthly education experiences.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid California Child Development Associate Teacher Permit OR Home-based CDA credential
- Six (6) semester units in ECE/ Child Development and six (6) units in Infant/Toddler (three (3) units required at time of hire and must complete additional three (3) units in Infant/Toddler within one year of employment)
- Three (3) or more units in Social Services or Health Services related fields
- One (1) year of experience with children ages 0-3 years in a child care, health or social service setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking, Reading and writing required.
Review the full job description and apply online.
- Valid CPR, First Aid and Food Handlers Card must be obtained within first two months (2) of employment and maintained throughout employment (paid, designated training available through MAAC). In the event employees do not attend the scheduled training, they must obtain the cards through outside resources and costs will not be reimbursed. The cards must be obtained and maintained within prescribed timelines.
How to Apply
Click here to visit the application page
Click here to email us about this position