Salary: $15.47 hourly rate
Budgeted: Part - time
Benefits: 403(b) retirement plan, medical/dental/vision/life, Employee Assistance Program
Apply: submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org; may obtain application from CAPMC's website, www.maderacap.org.
CAPMC is seeking a strategic and creative person to assist the implementation of the parenting program designed to improve family relationships and develop parenting and family life skills. Works as a team member with other program staff and volunteers in creating safe and structured parent program; is responsible for snack preparation, and the care and cleaning of childcare areas.
This individual will demonstrate the ability to:
- Follow work schedule as well as written and oral instructions.
- Operate necessary program equipment and cleaning materials.
- Maintain positive attitude and interaction with children.
- Work cooperatively with other staff.
- Perform manual labor as needed.
- Follow programmatic policies and procedures.
- Remain calm in stressful situations.
- Engage parents, families, children, and youth by displaying enthusiasm and energetic attitude.
The individual will demonstrate to possess the knowledge of:
- Child growth and development principles.
- Family/group dynamics and parenting skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Some child development related units or equivalent training.
- Some experience working with infant and toddler children
LICENSES / CERTIFICATES / PERMITS
- Valid California's Driver's License
General Physical Requirements:
- Exerting up to 15 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The CAPMC is an equal opportunity employer. CAPMC provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, national origin, religion, color, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, sex stereotyping, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, and any status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
Appointment will be contingent upon passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen, fingerprint clearance, and reference checks, pre-employment physical, immunization requirement, and TB test is required for Head Start funded positions.
Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Drug Free Employer