The Early Childhood Impact Branch of the YMCA of the East Bay is seeking dynamic Teachers for our Oakland Child Development Centers.
Here at the Y people really matter. The YMCA of the East Bay is made up of diverse people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. We celebrate connection and our mission serves ALL.
As a Y team member, you have the opportunity to explore a career that’s right for you. Our goal is to develop team members and to promote within whenever possible. Ambitions are realized here. Our work environment is built around collaboration, partnership, teamwork, community, diversity and inclusion.
Our Total Rewards Package for Full-Time Teachers includes:
• Competitive pay
• Generous health insurance benefit with no cost and low-cost premium
• 10% company paid retirement contribution after two years of service and 21 Years of Age
• Free nationwide Y membership for you and your family
• Paid sick time and paid holidays
• Assistance obtaining teaching permits, as well as AA/BA Degrees in Early Childhood Education
• Career advancement opportunities
Teachers are responsible for providing and modeling high quality responsive care that is respectful of the child’s development and needs. Teachers have different levels of responsibilities depending on their qualifications and experience. Head Teachers ensure that the classroom runs smoothly and they may step in to help run the center when the Center Director is off-site. Teachers and Teacher Assistants work in partnership with Head Teachers to ensure that all children receive the highest quality of care and that all requirements and standards are met. Teacher Assistants may also take roles in the kitchen doing food preparation to meet the nutritional needs of the children.
• 12 or more Early Childhood Education Units units required
• California Department of Education Child Development Permit-Associate and above preferred
• AA Degree and above in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred
• Basic computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet
• At least one-year classroom experience in an Early Childhood Program
• Preferred experience in state subsidized or Early/Head Start setting
• Some experience working with children and families of diverse cultural backgrounds
• Ability to obtain Live Scan and criminal record clearance before hire (the Y provides these services at no cost)
• Pre-employment physical examination and TB clearance
• Proof of Immunization for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
• Current certificates for Pediatric First Aid and CPR, or willingness to complete this training within 90 working days of hire
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Bilingual or multi-lingual desired
We strive to build a staff team that reflects the broad diversity of our community. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
If you are passionate about making an impact as a Preschool Teacher, send your cover letter and resume to swalker at ymcaeastbay.org