Position Title: Primary Care Teacher
Program: Early Head Start (HC Infant/Toddler)
Salary: $136.10 to $146.98 per day with benefit package
Work Year: 40 hours per week: 11 months, 199 paid days
Deadline: July 26, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
- High School diploma/GED or Degree.
- Hold/qualify for a Child Development Teacher Permit; to include 24 units of ECE/CD courses, plus 16 General Education units. Visit https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/req-child-dev for permit requirements.
- Six (6) Infant/Toddler semester units of coursework in Early Childhood Education/Child Development.
- One-year work or volunteer experience in an infant/toddler care setting.
- Be willing to participate in the program for Infant/Toddler Caregivers trainings.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10-30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Valid California driver license and insured reliable transportation.
- provide quality care and supervision to assigned infant/toddlers as the primary caregiver
- assist in the implementation of a developmentally appropriate program for infants/toddlers under the guidance of the Teacher/Director
- assist in providing a healthy and attractive environment with a strong emphasis on safety and sanitation for infants/toddlers in the day-to-day program
- provide consistent messages about program services and activities to parents, and seek information from parents about the culture and values found in the child’s home
- provide childcare for center parent meetings and other activities, as assigned
- develop a warm, nurturing relationship with infants/toddlers and keep parents well informed of their child’s day
- participate in scheduled meetings and conferences as assigned