Do you love working with children and families? Do you like to encourage learning in fun, caring, and innovative ways? Are you looking for a career with an award winning agency providing Early Head Start and Head Start Services? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is the place for YOU!
The Contra Costa County Community Services Bureau (CSB) is seeking qualified educators and caregivers to fill vacancies in our full-day childcare and education programs serving approximately 2500 infants and young children and their families throughout the County.
These positions assist in planning, organizing and conducting a full-range of developmentally appropriate activities for children ages 0 – 3 enrolled in the Early Head Start Program. Infant/Toddler Associate Teachers will be assigned in a team-teaching model lead by the Infant/Toddler Teacher.
Infant/Toddler Associate Teachers need the ability to establish a nurturing classroom environment that promotes the social, emotional, cognitive, creative, physical and linguistic development of infants, toddlers and young children in cooperative involvement with their families.
What tasks does an Infant/Toddler Associate Teacher do here at CSB?
Supports the Teacher in organizing and maintaining a developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive learning environment; ensuring a healthy, safe, clean environment both inside and out of the facility:
- Provides nurturing routines such as diapering, dressing and feeding infants and toddlers
- Assists toddlers with toilet training and development of self-help skills
- Supervises sleeping infants and toddlers
- Supports the Teacher in collaborating with parents, building a relationship of mutual respect and cooperation; and communicating verbally and in writing as approved by the Teacher
- Assists the Teacher in monitoring and maintaining all appropriate records, documents and files, submitting reports in a timely and accurate manner as required while following confidentiality guidelines
- Supports the Teacher in screening and portfolio assessment within required time frames and uses assessment to plan developmentally appropriate group and individualized activities
- Supports the Teacher in implementing appropriate behavior management techniques
- Models conflict resolution and problem solving for adults and children
- Models appropriate professional behavior to other instructional staff'
- Facilitates open and effective, professional oral and written communication with families, staff and children
- Maintains commitment to training and continuing professional development
- Follows procedures for making verbal and written reports of suspected child abuse to Children's Protective Services and to others as required
- Reports unusual incidents to supervisors as required
- Complies with standards of conduct as required by Federal, State and County regulations
- Performs other tasks as may be required for the efficient operation of the comprehensive, integrated program
Education: Possession of 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, including core courses and three (3) units in Infant/Toddler Care and Education, or an Associate degree or higher in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or related field from an accredited college or university which includes three (3) units in Infant/Toddler Care and Education.
Permit Required: Possession of a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or a Contra Costa County Associate Teacher Temporary County Certificate (CCC AT TCC).
Other Requirements: As required by law all appointees must successfully pass a physical examination, fingerprint and tuberculosis clearances.
Annual Salary: $32,702.16 - $39,749.76
As a bureau under Contra Costa County’s Employment and Human Services Department, some of the benefits we offer include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid County Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Personal Holiday Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Bilingual Pay
- Optional 457b with County Contribution
HOW TO APPLY: A completed application must be submitted online using the online application which can be found at Governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta. Copies of all degrees, transcripts, permits, and credentials must be attached to the application.
WHO MAY APPLY: Anyone who meets the minimum qualifications. This is a continuous recruitment and is open until filled.