Job: The Executive Assistant (EA) is primarily responsible for supporting the Executive Director (ED) to manage various compliance, program, board and
management responsibilities. The EA is proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Electronic Mail, typing and use of standard office equipment. Ability to learn other software programs as needed. The EA possesses the ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making and the performance of duties and takes initiative with ability to anticipate and identify needs of the Executive Director. Must be flexible, adaptable, and responsive to change, maintaining a positive attitude. Must get along well and work in harmony with others, in spirit of collaboration and teamwork. The EA should present a professional image of Kai Ming, Inc. in all internal and external contexts.
Job Type: Full Time, Non-exempt
Report To: Executive Assistant
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years experience directly supporting an executive.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Political judgment to enable effective interactions with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Superb time-management skills.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with various teams, providing the most useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, ability to make decisions quickly and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong oral communications skills, including a professional telephone manner.
- Annual Physical exam and TB and Immunization Clearance
- Criminal Background Clearance
- Child Abuse Index Clearance
- Sex Offender Registry Check Clearance
- Adherence to the Confidentiality Agreement
- Adherence to the Child Abuse Reporting Mandate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to change position; to sit, stand, walk, climb or balance; to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; to bend, twist and reach with hands and arms; and to pick up boxes and files.
- Adhere to the Kai Ming Code of Conduct and all other internal policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the health, safety and supervision of all children and families.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary - determined based on the qualification & experience level
- Advanced Degree Stipend - Additional pay for holding advanced degrees
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Chiropractic/Acupuncture - 100% covered
- Medical plan for dependent(s) under 26 years old - 100% covered
- MRA (Medical Reimbursement Account) - employer sponsored contributions
- Life, AD&D, LTD - 100% covered
- Retirement - automatic 15% employer contribution
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) - available to all employees
- Wellness - Various staff self-care & wellness benefits
- Professional Development - Extensive training & coaching
- Tuition Support - Reimbursement & stipend for tuition, textbook & trainings
- Education Support - Tuition/textbook reimbursement & paid release time for class
- Paid Time Off - 11 days of holiday & up to 24 days of PTO
Equal Opportunity: Kai Ming provides equal employment opportunities for staff and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Application process: Please submit your job application through Kai Ming’s career page https://kaiming.org/careers. Applications are accepted and evaluated until a suitable candidate has been selected.
Organization: Kai Ming, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides free full-day full-year; full-day part-year; or part-day part-year Head Start preschool services to eligible children ages 3-5 years old in San Francisco, CA with funding from Head Start, the California Department of Education, First 5 San Francisco and San Francisco Office of Early Care & Education.