GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Director, Information Technology the Information Technology Field Technician installs, modifies, and makes minor repair to personal computer hardware and software systems and provides technical assistance and training to system users by performing the duties listed below.
1. Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues via Help Desk. May submit Help Desk tickets on behalf of user.
2. Inspects personal computer equipment and order sheet listing user requirements to prepare computer for delivery.
3. Installs or assists in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
4. Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Virus protection Software into a computer.
5. Maintains inventory of existing computer equipment.
6. As part of the administrative team, conducts periodic review of and user and program management information technology needs.
7. Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
8. Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
9. Provides basic computer and software training.
10. Travel within San Diego County and South Bay daily.
11. Must have a reliable transportation and subject to drive up to 50 miles a day.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: College level coursework in personal computer helpful. Undergraduate level of conceptual thinking, organization and expression obtained by a degree or equivalent life experience. Two (2) years of related computer experience in a personal computer environment or related courses.
OTHER/SPECIAL: Must meet and maintain state law and county requirements regarding employment in a childcare center and other ECS facilities (fingerprints, TB, vaccinations, health screening, drug/alcohol test, etc). Exclusion and debarment verification. Verification of current driver’s license and auto insurance required for personal car usage.
POSITION: Information Technology Field Technician
REPORTS TO: Director, Information Technology