Job: The Site Manager, as the leader in the center, is responsible for implementing program policies and procedures, providing a high-quality program, and for the overall operation of the entire center. The Site Manager requires the knowledge and expertise of an individual formally trained in early childhood development/education and curriculum with strong leadership, supervisory and management skills. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment by actively promoting community and comfort with difference. The Site Manager provides professional support/mentoring to staff and coordinates all center functions to ensure that high quality services for children and their families are achieved. The center will be licensed under the Site Manager who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management and supervision of all children, center staff and volunteers while ensuring that all regulations and requirements for licensing are met and maintained. The Site Manager will have an understanding of the Head Start Performance Standards as well as the Head Start Act and see that the center is meeting these standards. Additionally, when applicable, he or she will see that all state preschool requirements are met. The Site Manager coordinates all of the activities of the center. She/He will also maintain a strong working relationship with the agency’s management team, center teaching team and families.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or related field required.
- California Child Development Program Director Permit required
- At least 3 year of experience working with children as a teacher in an infant/toddler or preschool classroom setting.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Annual health exam and immunization Clearance
- Criminal Background and Child Abuse Check Clearance
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination record is required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary - determined based on the qualification & experience level
- Advanced Degree Stipend: Additional pay for holding advanced degrees
- $5000 CARES Stipend - for all teaching staff
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Chiropractic/Acupuncture - 100% covered
- Medical plan for dependent(s) under 26 years old - 100% covered
- MRA (Medical Reimbursement Account) - employer sponsored contributions
- Life, AD&D, LTD - 100% covered
- Retirement - automatic 15% employer contribution
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) - available to all employees
- Wellness - Various staff self-care & wellness benefits
- Professional Development - Extensive training & coaching
- Tuition Support - Reimbursement & stipend for tuition, textbook & trainings
- Education Support - Tuition/textbook reimbursement & paid release time for class
- Paid Time Off - 11 days of holiday & up to 24 days of PTO
Equal Opportunity: Kai Ming provides equal employment opportunities for staff and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Application process: Please submit your job application through Kai Ming’s career page https://kaiming.org/careers. Applications are accepted and evaluated until a suitable candidate has been selected.