Kidango, a private, not-for-profit child development agency is a Northern California Bay Area leader in early education. Providing quality care and education in 9 Bay Area cities to over 2,500 children daily and has an immediate opening for a full-time Landscaping Technician to join our Facilities & Operations Team.
We are currently searching for a Landscaping Technician! The Landscaping Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of semi-skilled landscaping duties. Perform preventive maintenance and transportation of supplies and materials to ensure the health and safety of children, families, and staff.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled repair duties in landscaping, gardening, plumbing, electrical, and general clean-up with minimal supervision
- Keeps buildings, facilities and equipment clean, in proper running order and in good working condition
- Documents all observations of needed repairs or unsafe environments and informs supervisor in a timely manner
- Completes work orders and performs repairs and renovations as scheduled.
- Receives, distributes, stores and delivers maintenance equipment and supplies. Keeps equipment clean and in good operating condition
- Maintains inventory of equipment, tools and supplies
- Sets-up and breaks-down furniture and equipment in auditorium and other facilities as scheduled
- Follows all policies and procedures, common safety practices and injury prevention.
- Maintains all required safety equipment in good working condition
- Maintains inventory of equipment, tools and supplies making sure they are clean and in good operating condition
- Complies with maintenance dress code
- Transports, delivers and stores food, supplies and/or materials
- Follows agency procedures for use of Kidango vehicles.
- Attend meetings as requested
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Participates in activities that further professional growth of self and staff.
- Works as a member of the agency team by promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization
- Maintains confidentiality of children, families and staff
- Provides a safe, clean environment for children, staff and families
- Provides excellent customer service to all staff, clients, and contacts of agency
- Advocates on behalf of all children, families, and staff of agency
- Skilled at social emotional relationships with staff, families, children and the community.
- Works as a member of the agency team by promoting the mission and philosophy of the agency
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people
- Strong oral, written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- All other duties as assigned
- Cool under pressure
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects
- Two years’ experience performing a variety of maintenance tasks with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of maintenance equipment and tools including an understanding of safety measures required
- Able to perform heavy physical labor with maintenance equipment of various weights.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
COMPANY WIDE JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19
- Must pass a health screening and TB test
- Must provide proof of Tdap and MMR vaccinations (or receive vaccinations during health screening)
- Must pass background fingerprint clearance
- Valid Driver License
- Must be 18 years or older
- Medical - Sutter Health Plus, Kaiser
- Dental - MetLife
- Vision - VSP
- Life Insurance - $50,000
- 401(k) - 3% match
- Flexible Spending Account - Health Care, Dependent Care, Transit/Parking
- 9 paid sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- 15 paid vacation days
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Mental Health Benefits
- PEAK (Program for Educational Advancement at Kidango) - Tuition reimbursement program
- Kidango Enrollment discount - 50% off enrolling your child at any Kidango center
- 24 Hour Fitness discount - 30% off all monthly membership dues