Colusa County Office of Education is recruiting for Associate Teachers who will deliver high quality early care and education, provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum in a safe nurturing environment, and assist with other program components and evaluation at the classroom site. Associate Teacher will meet the individual needs of children and promote developmental progression in the areas of Social and Emotional Development, Language and Literacy, Cognition including Math and Science, and Physical Development that promotes positive school readiness.
CURRENT ASSIGNMENT LOCATION:
- 2 Arbuckle Children’s Center— Preschool
- 1 Arbuckle Children’s Center — Toddler
- 1 Colusa Children’s Center—Preschool
- 1 Colusa Children’s Center—Toddler
- 1 Colusa Preschool Learning Center B
- 1 Williams Children’s Center
- 2 Williams Children’s Center—Infant
- 1 Williams Children’s Center—Preschool 2
$17.17 - $24.16 per hour
7.5 hours per day, 220 days per year
Partially paid medical, dental and vision benefits; paid sick leave; CalSTRS retirement
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred requirements: Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or Associate Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or related field; and possess a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit; and continued enrollment toward Child Development Teacher Permit.
- Minimum requirements: 12 core units: 6 units-Programs/Curriculum, 3 units-Child/Human Growth and Development, 3 units-Child, Family & Community, or Child and Family Relations; and possess or be eligible to apply for Child Development Associate Teacher Permit; and continued enrollment toward Child Development Teacher Permit.
- Additional Infant/Toddler assignment requirement: 6 units of Infant/Toddler development coursework
LICENSES & REQUIREMENTS:
- The successful candidate will be required to provide DOJ fingerprint clearance, TB test clearance, COVID-19 vaccination verification (or program-required equivalent), a valid California driver’s license, and immunizations as described on complete job description following acceptance of job offer.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
A complete application packet will include:
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Two Professional Letters of Recommendation (dated within the last 12 months, preferred)
- Permit Copy
All employment applications and supplemental documents must be submitted through EdJoin. Incomplete application packets may not be considered.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
It is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible, as recruitment may close at any time.
Current CCOE-CS employees only: Letter of Interest and Resume submitted to Human Resources.
Colusa County Office of Education (CCOE) participates in E-Verify. To view the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters, please visit the Employment Opportunities section of the CCOE website. Nondiscrimination in Employment, Programs and Services & Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco-Free Workplace.