Site Locations: Boyle Heights, Echo Park, & Hollywood
Posted Date: July 23, 2021
Deadline Date: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Family Services Associate
Reports To: Family Services Specialist and Family Community Engagement Coordinator
Department: Family Services
Employment Status: Non-Exempt & Union Position (Full-Time) (12 months, 40 hours per week)
Compensation Range: $17.00-$22.20 Hourly Rate PLUS Benefits
Employee Benefits: Aflac, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and 401k Retirement Plan
401k Retirement Plan (8.5% Employer Contribution) & additional voluntary contribution by the employee
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 21 Paid Vacation: Accrue at the rate of 10.25 hours per month worked, (1 year of employment = 123 hours)
- Paid Sick leave and three days of Personal Necessity: Accrue at the rate of 9.5 hours per month
(1 year of employment= 114)
Work Location: FOUNDATION FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Main Office (Pasadena) and Multiple Site Locations in Los Angeles County
(Visit www.foundationheadstart.org for Site Locations)
I. SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The incumbent follows, and adheres to State and Federal Head Start/Early Head Start regulations related to Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance (ERSEA) and is responsible for 100% enrollment of eligible children. The incumbent will serve, as a liaison between Head Start/Early Head Start families and community based agencies by referring the families to the appropriate services i.e. mental health, disabilities, nutrition, and health. Will work collaboratively with various service coordinators to implement mandated Federal and State guidelines.
Family Services Associates are assigned to work in locations of our HS/EHS/SPS sites. Please see website for exact addresses that are located in low-income areas to better serve the community
- Conducts home visits as needed, in order to complete required job duties (i.e. concerns with the child’s attendance, recruitment/enrollment, completing family goals, etc.)
- Conducts assessment of family needs and supports families to develop skills needs to achieve their goals
- Conduct Health Screenings: collect, maintain, and update health requirements per child within the established timelines, and follow-up when needed.
- Conduct on-going enrollment and parent orientations
- Work collaboratively with parent involvement to conduct parent meetings
- Educates parents on the purpose of a physical and dental examination of their child, and the overall goals/objectives of health requirements and follow-up as needed
- Input and track relevant Child and Family data through the database system
- Reviews all files of assigned families and verifies that entry into the database system is accurate in a timely manner
- Oversee the implementation of all Plan of Actions relating to Court Orders with respect to Child Custody issues
- Recruitment/Pre-enrollment/Enrollment for eligible families in order, to obtain and maintain 100% enrollment at all times
- Weekend and evening work will be assigned as needed in order, to meet full enrollment during the program year
- Will be required to travel do different sites and locations in the City of Los Angeles and surrounding areas including but not limited to the Boyle Heights, Echo Park, and Hollywood areas.
- Work collaboratively with other Family Services Associates for recruitment purposes, and as assigned.
- Research for new resources in the community and establish relationships with local community agencies (i.e. dental clinics, medical clinics, shelters, food banks, etc.)
**Note: This job posting contains a summary of the duties listed on the Job Description**
Weekend and evening work will be assigned for recruitment purpose and community outreach in neighborhoods that are identified as low-income and disadvantaged. Recruitment will require canvassing these neighborhoods by foot.
III. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Education: Associate degree or a Family Development Credential and a High School Diploma.
Experience: One-year experience in a social setting or a current/former Head Start parent
- Experience in a pre-school setting is a plus
Skills and Abilities: Strong communication skills and knowledge of family engagement strategies, family outcomes, family needs, family partnerships, family dynamics, community resources, and social services/programs.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Windows, Internet,
- Prefer Child Plus experience
- Prefer experience in Virtual Platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, GoToMeetings to setup and conduct meeting, actively participate and support program goals of family engagement, health follow up, etc.)
IV. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Prior to hire, the following must be assured:
Eligibility to Work: All potential employees will be asked to present supporting documents establishing proof of identity and employment eligibility upon completing the I-9 form.
Medical Examination: Must submit a medical examination demonstrating capability to perform type of work required; must submit a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray. Proof of the following immunizations: Influenza, Pertussis TDAP (Whooping Cough), and Measles (MMR).
Fingerprint Clearances: All potential employees will be subject to obtain fingerprint clearances from the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and Child Abuse Central Index, prior to starting work.
Other Special Requirement: Must have the use of an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid California driver’s license, or have available transportation.
*Failure to meet medical standards and/or criminal record clearance may result in withdrawal of job appointment.*
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to site; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
VI. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Applicants must complete a Foundation for Early Childhood Education employment application. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application materials. Interested individuals may download an employment application online at Employment Opportunities – Foundation for Early Childhood Education, Inc. (foundationheadstart.org)
Interested candidates must forward the following documentations and application packet via email at email@example.com or via mail at 3450 East Sierra Madre Pasadena, California 91107 (Attention HR)
- Employment Application – with original signature
- Cover letter
- Copy(ies) of Degrees
- Copy(ies) of Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- And any other pertinent documentation as deemed necessary
Internal Candidates must submit the following documents:
- Employment Application-with original signature
- Cover letter
- And any other pertinent documentation as deemed necessary
Please Note: Application and all required documents can be mailed, or submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date listed in this job posting