The SACRAMENTO EMPLOYMENT and tRAINING AGENCY (SETA), a joint powers agency of the City and County of Sacramento, was formed in 1978. From its inception SETA has been an effective force in connecting people to jobs, business owners to quality employees, education and nutrition to children, assistance to refugees, and hope to many Sacramento area residents. For additional information please visit us at www.seta.net.
We are looking for a Home Visitor to provide support to children and their families through home based program services.
Position Summary: Under general supervision, the Home Visitor is responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of individualized home based programs for a specified number of children and their families.
Starting Salary: $20.55 per hour, $21.06 per hour w/ degree
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain these knowledge and abilities would be:
- At least one (1) year of successful work experience in a preschool classroom, preferably in a Head Start program and/or a social services background;
- Twelve (12) units in Early Childhood Education (ECE);
- Six (6) units in ECE completed and enrolled for at least three (3) units per semester until twelve (12) units have been completed.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid class C California Driver’s License is required. A good driving record of at least three (3) years duration, as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violations or accidents, is required.
WHO MAY AND HOW TO APPLY: Open to the public, current employees, and employees eligible for transfer or voluntary demotion. A completed SETA application must be submitted by the deadline date using the online application which can be found at https://laserfiche.seta.net/Forms/app. Copies of all degrees, permits, and credentials must be attached to the application.
*Due to COVID-19, the recruitment for this position may be a virtual recruitment, meaning exams, and interviews will utilize electronic mediums such as video conferencing, and/or online exam.
Upon job offer individuals will be required to complete a pre-employment health screening, TB test, motor vehicle record check (MVR), and background check, and provide copies of immunization records for MMR, TDAP and flu (or flu waiver).
POSTING DATE: Friday, September 10, 2021
FINAL FILING DATE: Thursday, September 23, 2021 by 5 p.m.
SETA will not accept applications electronically submitted after the 5 p.m. deadline. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
SETA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical Benefits (6 plans to choose from)
- Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Educational Reimbursement: up to $1500 annually
- Access to the Public Employee Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Paid Jury Duty
- Pension (mandatory contribution required)
- Retirement Health Savings Accounts and 457 plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Regional Transit Monthly Pass Reimbursement