I. This position description shall apply to all certificated personnel holding the position called Teacher: Child Development.
II. Qualification - Shall meet or exceed the minimum required by law, including but not limited to:
A. Eligibility for Child Development Site Supervisor Permit including 15 hours in Health and Safety and three-semester units in Infant/Toddler is required.
B. Bachelor's degree.
C. Demonstrated ability to work with children, newborn through 14 years, in a daycare or pre-school setting.
D. Demonstrated ability to work with parents.
E. Knowledge of individualized evaluation of and planning for children in a group setting.
F. Current Standard First Aid card.
G. Demonstrated knowledge of child development; health and safety; and multi-cultural aspects of curriculum planning.
H. Demonstrated ability to supervise, plan and work with child development technicians, volunteers, and students.
I. Demonstrate organizational skills.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
A. Shall be responsible to report to the immediate program supervisor (Program Manager, Coordinator, Director).
B. Shall be responsible for:
1. Maintaining a safe, healthy, age-appropriate learning environment for children.
2. Planning and implementing established program design.
3. Establishing an ongoing relationship with each assigned child that is positive, supportive, evaluative, and knowledgeable.
4. Interacting with the child's parent or surrogate on matters pertaining to the child in a positive and informative manner that takes into account the particular circumstances of the individual family.
5. Maintaining appropriate lesson plans, attendance records; narrative records; and individual assessments as required by program.
6. Supervising personnel as assigned.
7. Participating in on-going professional growth activities.
8. Performing other obligations as mandated by Administrative Directive and such other reasonable and appropriate tasks assigned by supervisor9).